Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

I didn't read The Time Traveller's Wife, so I cannot compare this one to it the way so many other reviewers have. That being said, I don't know why everyone is so upset that it is not like the first book-- why should it be? Different story, different characters... just different.

I liked this one pretty well. It is strange, and a bit convoluded and far-fetched in places... but overall I think it is written well. The ending leaves you hanging, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But I don't really feel that all the characters were fully developed, making the ending somewhat weak.

I listened to this one, didn't actually READ it. The narrator was good, character voices were not ridiculous, etc...

I would recommend this one for anyone that likes (a) this author- again, this is all of hers that I have read, (b) ghosts-- there's a lot in this one, (c) stories that take place in London/ England, (d) the relationship between twins.

My rating: *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment