Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

The Glass CastleThe Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an sbsolutely incredible life story! Parts are so hard to believe, you simply know they HAVE to be true!

I read this as a recommendation from a fellow teacher. We work at a rural school, with many students who live similar lives to the author's time in West Virginia. Homes with no electricity, water, or even floors. Homes with holes in the walls and floors. No bathrooms, no food, and often no supervision. These kids are often hard for teachers to understand and to motivate. After reading this book, I feel more motivated as a teacher to try harder.

The author's strength, bravery, and honesty is amazing and admirable.

I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone-- but especially if you work with children in need.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment