Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Magical Menagerie

I am almost halfway done with Water for Elephants and I am still LOVING it! I am very impressed with this author's style of writing. And while I envision Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, I have no trouble making up the other images in my imagination. (And REALLY, it's not too stressful to picture RP or RW!)

Normally I really struggle with books that contain animal cruelty... I just CAN'T read them. But I am doing surprisingly well with this one... I just keep telling myself, "It's ONLY a book! Those animals never existed!" (Though in my head, and heart, I know that animals are often not treated well at these venues).

I am very anxious to see how the plot turns out-- AND to see the movie for comparison! I mean, I GUESS I can watch Robert and Reese for a couple of hours... if I HAVE to!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment